Help us find these missing classmates!
Visit the Class of '71s web site (www.ehs71.com)
Visit the Class of '72s web site (www.ehs72.com)
(Updates are in intalics)
EHS73 35TH Year Reunion Committee Meeting
May 19, 2008
Kathy Strukel’s house
Almost there! I promise I won’t ever get this far behind again! This is bringing back way too many memories from High School – the late night cramming and rushing to finish a paper… a mini-reunion right inside my head. But this one shouldn’t be too tough as there was little in the way of new business and we spent most of our time stuffing and stamping a final reunion reminder mailing to those who haven’t responded (one way or another) yet.
· While stuffing and stamping envelopes is about as much fun as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, we made the best of it and entertained ourselves with spelling bees, name quizzes, and stuffing and stamp licking races. We discovered that the alphabet isn’t THAT easy, and that Janet was the fastest licker by far - no one could keep up, not even after handicapping her with the "big glass" of wine..
With the stuffing, labeling, and
stamping finished for the night, we moved on to assigning responsibilities for
some of the more important sub-committees. The following assignments were duly
nominated and voted upon:
· Miss a meeting at your own risk…
· Speaking of missing meetings (Stan), someone noticed that when Janet is at a meeting Stan is not, and when Stan is at a meeting Janet is not… Except for the very first meeting. What’s up with that? What’s going on here? And how does one know when the other is going to be here? Enough questions, I certainly don’t want to get any rumors started!
Kathy did a good job of cleaning up
the smoke and chicken bone ashes from the last meeting – at least as far as I
could tell. Since I no longer have a sense of smell I can’t be depended on to
give an accurate report but no one else said anything about it, so I'm assuming
she was successful.
· Jane and Janet have been bonding on their early morning walks, starting as early as 6:00 AM (is there still a 6:00 AM?). Using my enhanced sense of the future (when one sense goes missing others improve), I predict that Janet will miss on June 11 leaving Jane to walk alone down Lexington Street at about 8:30AM where some handsome young man (well, handsome anyway) in a convertible, top down (the convertible’s), will honk and wave at her. It's great being able to predict the future!
· Gifts were
passed out as promised (Ticonderoga SenseMatic 25000 0.5mm AND bubblegum
cigars)! The pencils were new. The cigars were found in an old box along with
my 8th grade West Side album while cleaning out the basement (just
kidding! …or am I?)
· The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 3, 2008 at Kathy Strukel’s house.
· Kathy will have a conflict with June 3, so the meeting will be rescheduled for Thursday June 5 at Kathy’s house.
Send mail to Craig Nelson
with questions or comments about this web site.